John Britton pitching Twilio at New York Tech Meetup was a noticeable performance!
Here are 7 demoing tips from his blog:
- Intro in under 30 seconds: no one cares who your partners are, they just want to see cool tech now.
- Always be demoing: do nothing except showing off your product in real use-cases.
- Make the crowd do something: make them do something that requires thinking and physical activity, even if it's just something small like raising a hand.
- Play off the crowd: pay attention to the crowd and use their reactions to your advantage.
- Be unexpected: people will get bored, unless you catch them off-guard and give them something to remember.
- Do magic: impress people with what you're showing them. They don't have to understand how things work to be amazed. The fact that they know it works is enough to get them to use your product.
- Have a damn good product: only demo if your product is awesome, otherwise don't demo and build it.