Robin Good: The Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art in New York offers a unique free feature to its registered users, allowing them to capture and collect their favorite artworks from the online MET exhibitions and save them into dedicated collections which can be shared with anyone online.
How to use MyMet:
1. Click the gold "MyMet" tab located in the top right-hand corner of every page on the MET site and either sign in or register.
2. Browse the collections and add your favorite works of art by clicking the "Add to MyMet" button on each individual object page.
3. Click the gold "MyMet" tab located in the top right-hand corner to view recently saved items; select "View all your items & recommendations here" to return to your "MyMet" page.
4. Organize your selected items into different "sets", and add tags to any one of them,
6. Share your sets on Facebook or Twitter.
The service is free to use.
Video intro: http://www.metmuseum.org/mymet/
I love the IDEA of this tool, but it isn't ready for prime time yet. It is slow, not intuitive and takes the fun away from the idea. If I thought the MET actually cared about what I thought it would make the promise of the tool exciting. The problem is sitting and waiting for each slection gets old fast. Grinding through that massive catalog also gets old fast. Didn't make it for me.
Via Robin Good