Southwest Airlines is one of the most prominent brands on Twitter, clocking in at over 1.3 million followers and fans around the world.
Christi Day McNeill is Southwest’s Twitter manager, posting multiple times daily on the account.
When McNeill and her team aren’t replying to fans’ questions and customer service issues, they post exclusive deals and new promotions. They also get in touch with “bloggers, brand fanatics, avid travelers and employees to help contribute content to Twitter.” They host contests as well. . .
Note: Bovee & Thill cover Twitter in each of their texts.
* A presentation within the discussion of social media about microblogging services (of which Twitter is by far the best known) as a great way to share ideas, solicit feedback, monitor market trends, and announce special deals and events
* Twitter pages, with the authors' annotations, are shown in the book
* Social media questions, activities, and cases appear throughout the book, using Twitter
* A discussion of the Twitter-enabled backchannel for real-time conversation, which is revolutionizing electronic presentations
* Twitter as a research tool in the research chapter in the report-writing unit
* In one of the employment chapters, a discussion about Twitter job boards, career networking on Twitter, following industry leaders and career experts on Twitter, and discovering information about specific managers at companies
* A unique screencast, prepared by the authors, helps students get up to speed on the business uses of Twitter