We are thrilled to announce the latest HASTAC Scholars forum. It promises to be an excellent conversation with wonderful guests. Join us!
The topic of museums and technology is a timely one - as museums of all sizes and types rush to embrace technologies - and also a challenging one, as these institutions attempt to embrace a participatory culture facilitated by new digital technologies, while at the same time retain their expertise and authority as guardians of our culture and heritage.
• What are the most innovative projects in museums today?
• How does a museum see itself interacting with its visitors in the space vs. online?
• Even beyond technology, how are museums changing their practices & missions?
• Have you used an iPad or mobile phone in a museum setting? How did it work?
• What does it mean to 'curate' in the age of Pinterest, Tumblr, and blogging?
• How is Museum Studies changing as an academic field?