We are experiencing a reduction in the rate of health care cost and it is the lowest since World War II.Obama’s proposed budget is based on the Opportunity, Growth, and Security Initiative. Through wanting to expand the economy and help America, the budget would be $56 billion. Half would be for defense and half would be for non-defense.The President’s budget helps discretionary spending by helping in different areas such as young education and business training.The pros of this initiative are that it would help the people of America in their daily lives and it would give more opportunity to citizens. But, the cons would be that it is a lot of money and it also focuses more on individuals rather than the nation as a whole.
Obama wants to close the gap of men and women’s pay by enacting an executive order. Congress says that Obama is abusing his executive power and he is limited because he doesn’t have Congress’ support.
Presidents are criticized for using too much power and with this specific executive order, he is said to be putting too much pressure on companies and increasing their costs.
The White House has chosen not to address an anti-discrimination order to protect gays and lesbians. The Obama administration may be doing this to avoid more frustration towards the administration, but also because it could possibly interfere with the efforts of his executive order for equal pay.
Video on msnbc.com: The age-old practice of politicians re-drawing Congressional districts to find friendly voters, or, gerrymandering, has allowed members of the House of Representatives from both sides of the aisle to stay in power regardless of...
1. The media is looking for someone who is fresh news and who comes strong to the candidacy. That part is the same for both parties. But, Democrats seem to be (in this article) concerned about women as well as age while Republicans seem to be worried about the candidate’s fundraising base and personality.
2. Sabato is not worried much about the platform of the candidates as much as how the candidates will be liked or what they will be seen as by the population.
3. He means that presidential campaigns are always going on whether there is an election close by or not because the public wants to stay in touch and get to know the next candidates and keep an eye on them for a while. This implies that the government has to continually keep up with candidates and try to prove themselves to the citizens.
4. I don’t necessarily think there is an advantage because another candidate could rise up and prove themselves to the US and could watch what the leader is doing wrong and fix that to look better to the citizens of the US.
Texas remains a Republican-leaning state because its white residents are becoming increasingly Republican and its large Hispanic population, though solidly Democratic, is less so than Hispanics nationally.
1. They are hopeful of a party realignment in Texas because there are many immigrants moving into Texas, as well as state-to-state migration which is changing the "nation's largest reliably Republican state. This is related to minority majority because there is a shift in Texas from the minority of Democrats becoming closer to a majority in Texas.
2. Texas Hispanics, after the election of Obama, have gradually become more Republican from 2008-2013.
3. Gallup suggests that the current situation will unlikely result in party realignment because, of the Hispanic Texans, only 43% are said to be registered to vote which will not result in a change toward a Democratic state. This is related to the concept of political participation because, although the Texas Hispanics have the right to vote, they choose not to participate in the government.
4. The steps that were taken to ensure low sampling error were taking a telephone poll for those 18 and over in all 50 states and D.C. as well as calling 50% cellular numbers and 50% landlines. They also had Spanish speakers for those who primarily spoke Spanish. With cellular devices, that used a random-digit methods and with landlines they used the method of who had the most recent birthday in the household.
1. In the Roberts court decisions more liberal justices have been reached and his "patient and methodical approach" to court decisions has been constantly favored.
2. Precedent is an earlier event that can be used to guide a present case that is similar. The Roberts court uses precedent to guide him in cases such as the case with campaign finance regulation and as well as in the case about doing away with affirmative action.
3.The Obama administration has an overall poor record because of differing philosophical ideas in the court's conservative majority. Obama could work to unite his ideas so they could get better results from the cases but he could also work to change some of his legislation and ideas slightly to work better with the court.
4. Chief Justice Anthony Kennedy is considered the "swing vote" because he was in the majority the most during his time.
5. Yes, there isn't much discussion about the Obama administration and it focuses mainly on the court and how they approach things.
The NRA wants many to not vote for Murthy because of his anti-gun stance. They are concerned because he sees no importance to having guns and wants to ban many firearms that could be important to America.Senators are having a hard time keeping their states against the NRA in Democratic states.President Obama chose Murthy as surgeon general, but now the White House can’t afford to lose more Senators, so the White House may have to decide whether or not to let him run and let there be a vote.They could work with Democratic leaders to gain more support, delay the vote, or alow Dr. Murthy to withdraw. They recently learned that they needed to adjust the approach to Dr. Murthy’s nomination.
1. The electoral college was put in place to represent each state independently and the electoral college has a basis in the Constitution because the founding father's wanted the citizens to have a say but it would be too difficult to have them each vote directly.
2. The common strategy in getting to 270 is hitting states with the most electors and then the smaller states. "Swing" states are states that choose different political parties to be voted for every so often while "Safe" states vote for the same political party and they each play a role in determining which political party goes to which state first to persuade them.
3. The 2000 election reenergized the critique of the electoral college because the candidate who had the most popular vote didn't actually win Presidency. It proved to many people the weakness of the Electoral College system.
4. I am not satisfied with the system. i believe the system doesn't accurately result in the candidate that America has chosen. I also don't like that electors can choose whichever way to vote even if their state voted the other way.
More Americans today are satisfied with where the nation stands on acceptance of gays and lesbians, federal taxes, and healthcare availability than were satisfied in 2001. But Americans' satisfaction with the economy has declined.
Yes; with the 9/11 attack as well as a new President, the public opinion has changed and more people are less satisfied with main governmental issues but are more satisfied and okay with social issues. Yes; these coincide with my expectations because, like with Liberals and Conservatives, they were split with those who believe strongly on some opinions and others who also agree with the other party on some topics. What I mean is that there are multiple subjects that some of both Democrats and Republicans are satisfied or dissatisfied.Democrats may support changes in public policy on dealing with the homeless and the needy while Republicans may support changes in public policy on the availability of affordable healthcare.+/- 4% means that the information could be off by 4% either positively or negatively. This personally doesn’t impact my interpretation of the information because, in most cases, the change that could be +/-4% doesn’t change the idea of the information that I am receiving.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.