NPOWER CHAMPIONSHIPVenue: Reebok Stadium
Date: Saturday 29 December Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Bolton captain Kevin Davies (suspension) is expected to return to the side after missing their Boxing Day defeat by Sheffield Wednesday.
Striker Marvin Sordell is pushing for inclusion but Mark Davies (shoulder) and Stuart Holden and David Wheater (both knee) are still unavailable.
Birmingham City boss Lee Clark could field an unchanged side following their 2-1 Boxing Day win at Barnsley.
Jonathan Spector (ankle) faces a late fitness test after three games out.
VIEW FROM THE TRAINING GROUND
Blues defender Curtis Davies told BBC WM:
"There's a lot of heart in this side. It wasn't pretty but we won on Boxing Day. Hopefully, we can produce a similar performance against Bolton.
"If we can stay unbeaten over Christmas that would be a big thing.
"Rob Hall's only played eight games, but he's already had six assists. I've now got three goals in two, all based on him. When you've got a delivery like that, it makes it easy putting it in the back of the net."
• Birmingham are hoping to complete a hat-trick of league wins over Bolton, having won the last two 2-1.
• Blues have not done the double over Bolton since 2003-04, in the Premier League.
• Their 1-0 win through a Mikael Forssell goal in October 2003, is Birmingham's only victory in 21 league matches on Bolton turf.
• Bolton suffered single-goal defeats to two of the Championship strugglers either side of Christmas (5-4 at Peterborough, and 1-0 at home to Sheffield Wednesday), but have not experienced three straight losses at this level since December 1999.
• The Trotters have given away an unrivalled 21 points from winning positions so far this term (D6, L3).
• Should they let in one goal, it'll be the 2,500th they will have conceded in home league football.
• If they avoid defeat, Birmingham will have built their longest unbeaten sequence under Lee Clark of four matches.
• Blues remain the only club without a goal in the first 15 minutes of a Championship game, and 69% of their goals have been netted in the second-half (22 of 32).
• If he plays, Curtis Davies will be making his 250th career league appearance.