|Scooped by Tony Agresta|
MarkLogic is uniquely positioned on this database landscape map. Here's what makes the position very different from other vendors:
1. Search - MarkLogic is directly connected to all the major enterprise search vendors. Recent recognition of this was confirmed by Gartner in its Enterprise Search Magic Quadrant. Notice that other NoSQL technologies are nowhere close to this connection point.
2. General Purpose - MarkLogic provides an enterprise NoSQL database and Application Services and Search. With support for many development languages, REST and JAVA APIs, MarkLogic has clear links to SAP, Enterprise DB and a host of other database providers.
3. Graph and Document - MarkLogic has long been recognized as a document store and used widely all over the world for this purpose. Notice the subtle connection to Graph as well connecting MarkLogic to other vendors in this space like Neo4J. MarkLogic 7 promises to deliver a world class triple store to index subjects, predicates and objects in XML documents or load other triples through the MarkLogic Content Pump. For the first time, the only Enterprise NoSQL technology with search will include semantics. Updated APIs and support for SPARQL are part of this release.
4. Big Tables - MarkLogic's ability to handle big data has long been known. The olive green line is designated for vendors like MarkLogic, Cassandra, HBASE, etc. MarkLogic's partnership with Intel for Distribution of Apache Hadoop and the fact that MarkLogic ships with Hadoop connectors provide additional confirmation for this position.
5. Key Value Stores - Data can be stored as keys without a database schema required lby relational databases. In MarkLogic's case, huge quantities of data can be indexed in real time with data stored in memory and disk making search results instant and complete. After a recent analysis of over 50+ MarkLogic customers, the abilty to quickly get up and running and deliver new information products to market was a business driver they mentioned over and over again.
The fact is, no one else on the list has all of these qualities. Because of this unique position, visually you see MarkLogic distanced from other clusters or long lists of technology vendors.
To learn more, you can go to MarkLogic Resources.