With MarkLogic Search Technology, Factiva Enables Standardized Search And Improved Experiences Across Dow Jones Digital Network,
|Scooped by Tony Agresta|
Let's not forget that enterprise search is often a critical component in most big data applications. Users evaluating NoSQL technology should investigate the degree to which the technology supports search.
Here are some of the benefits that Dow Jones found in the MarkLogic Enterprise approach:
- One powerful, unified search platform to service the search needs of both consumer and enterprise customers.
- The enhancements they make will be scalable and efficiently accessible to everyone.
- Support for dynamic taxonomy coding of content. For example, the same person (Barack Obama and President Obama) or company (BP and British Petroleum) may be referred to and discovered without requiring the user to specify all variations of what they are seeking.
- Improved ability to use "proximity of search" elements allowing users to search for words that may be in close proximity to others words thereby increasing the power and relevance of the search results.
- Fast response to very precise search
- Personalized search that customizes results using search history patterns and interests
- Narrowing the search result set to improve direct access to relevant content within the structured or unstructured data,
- Time savings through easy detection of related sources of content
If this topic interests you, I would suggest looking at the Search capabilities in MarkLogic 6. You can find them here: Search Developer Guide. Some of the guide is technical but a lot of it summarizes the types of applications you can build with MarkLogic. It will provide you with ideas on what you can include in your search applications.