This is an e-mail I received from Recorded Books
Dear valued Recorded Books customer,
I wanted to reach out to you directly to let you know of a new product that will be available to you soon from Recorded Books and RBDigital. We are very excited to announce that we will be rolling out our newest database service, Rdio for Libraries!
Rdio for Libraries (pronounced Ar-Dee-Oh) is a new popular music service unlike anything you have seen in libraries before. Rdio for Libraries offers a growing collection of over 9 million songs from all four major labels (Sony Music Entertainment, EMI Music, Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group) as well as thousands of independent labels.
Features of Rdio for Libraries include:
- Over 9 million songs including current Billboard Top 40, classical, children’s, world, folk, etc.
- Patrons have unlimited access to music with unrestricted listening to all music 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Patrons are able to stream music from their computers and sync music to smart devices for offline listening (Apple, Android, Blackberry and Windows mobile devices).
- Patrons can discover new music socially – Rdio is like Twitter for music!
- Patrons can search for all forms of music, build personal collections, share their collections, see what is popular, review music and create collaborative playlists.
- An “Artist Radio” feature that allows associated music searches – think Pandora but with no listening restrictions!
- Flexible pricing plans to meet any library budget.
We anticipate launching a live library service in October. As a courtesy, I wanted to let you know now about this new service, in the event you are planning to add online music in the near future.
I will reach out to you soon to give you more information and answer any questions you may have. I can also set you up with a free trial if you are interested. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks for your time. I look forward to talking to you soon.