“Happy New Year everybody, we hope you will have a wonderful year full of happiness and joy. We are officially on vacation till Monday and until then we will be sharing with you some of the popular resources we have covered during this year. In today’s post, we are featuring this collection of some popular educational Android apps to use in your class with students.”
The purpose of this article is simply to remove some of the negative connotations around smartphones and to consider new possibilities which we have at our disposal. In order for students to use smartphones in school responsibly, it is important that we set limits and rules beforehand.
The education landscape of 2020 will be characterized by the blurring of boundaries. Learning anywhere and anytime will be commonplace in many different ways based on the ubiquitous and innovative use of technology. Our organizations face a duality of change—conceptual and technological—regarding the practices of education and learning. The practices of teaching, presenting and learning will undergo fundamental change as it responds to global, social, political, technological and of course, learning research trends. Will your organization be ready and prepared to take advantage of these seismic changes to education, learning and technology?
Parents and teachers are often wary of letting kids spend time playing video games, and would rather they spend time playing outside or reading. But a number of game developers are introducing exciting mods of popular games like Minecraft and SimCity into the classroom and re-imagining how video games can support traditional educational objectives, like learning about ecology, math, and physics.…
Dr. Reshan Richards: "Each of these approaches allows teachers and learner to capture and create moments of learning, excerpts of understanding, and reflections of experience. Let’s pretend to be one of my 5th-grade math students from last year participating in an activity about tessellating patterns. The activity was to figure out what individual shapes, when arranged in a flat pattern with touching sides, formed a closed tesselating patter (a regular tessellation). This activity involved using physical manipulative objects (pattern blocks), a piece of paper to document findings (journal workbook page), and NCTM Illumination’s Tessellation Creator website as resources for engaging in the experience of exploring regular tessellation. Here’s how the QFAT could be applied to this activity with an iPad."
By apuustin | apuustin created a magazine on Flipboard. "Finnish Education Highlights" is available with thousands of other magazines and all the news you care about. Download Flipboard for free and search for "apuustin".
In the video Greg Bird highlights how to configure an assignment all the way through configuring and building the criteria for your grading rubric, viewing and submitting as a student and then marking as an evaluator.
Skills used for programming could also be used for a wide range of careers, such as constructing meteorological simulations, making financial predictions, or creating personalized online learning curricula.
Moodle (acronym for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment) is an open source Learning Management System (LMS ) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE ). It is rising in popularity among the educators around the world, as a tool for creating dynamic websites for students. It is open source, since it is customizable, has no contracts or user costs to pay and is widely available for free use. It can be efficiently integrated with your management system and allows you to support personalized learning, which is effective even outside the classroom and encourages the involvement of the broader community of the institution.
Moodle has constantly maintained its top spot among the LMS tools and has been ranked 11th overall among the top 100 tools for learning in 2013 . Many factors have contributed to Moodle being highly successful. On top of being a great LMS, it is also free to use. Teachers can teach their own online courses using this and find it stable and easy to use and being customizable, it fits to its user’s needs with ease.
Moodle has several advantages over other LMSs, here’s the list of a few:
- It is an open source learning platform, which is utilized by millions of people worldwide. This open source nature allows anybody to tinker with its code or add new things. Users can share changes with the Moodle community for others to use for free. All this leads to the extension and reformation of the software.
- It makes use of simple technologies, as a result of which its developers are easy to find.
- It is built on some of the most reliable technologies, such as PHP, MySQL, Apache.
- It has a fully cooperative development model which offers constant scope for improvement by allowing many high quality contributions to acquire new modules, features and enhancements.
- It makes use of the more advanced programming approach, the object-oriented programming which makes its functionality all the more efficient and allows users to proceed at their own pace, as well as customize it according to their needs.
- It focuses on making the learning and teaching experience constructivist. This process encourages the involvement of learners in the learning process, rather than letting them receive knowledge passively. The learning environment becomes more democratic with interactive and student-centered activities.
- It is convenient for educational institutions and organizations for learning and course management.
- It can be quickly deployed in your organization, without the requirement of any extra efforts.
- It is highly cost-effective, since it has a low risk startup and a low initial investment.
- It provides you with fast and reliable updates of information.
- It provides you with regular support, all the time you use it. Its support feature is active twenty four hours a day, seven days a week and addresses to its developers, members and users.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.