In addition to the aforementioned recommendations, the delegation makes the following recommendations to the Bahraini authorities:
• overturn the convictions, following unfair trials, of demonstrators and human rights defenders and activists, and immediately free them;
• bring an end to the trial of doctors and medics being prosecuted for carrying out their duties toward citizens wounded during demonstrations and to allow them to resume their work immediately;
• end the harassment of journalists and allow all journalists to carry out their work without fear of reprisals;
• fully investigate the torture and deaths in custody of detainees, including journalists Zakariya Al Asheri, founder of Al Dair online news website, who died on 9 April and Karim Fakhrawy of "Al Wasat", who died on 12 April, and bring those responsible to justice;
• bring an end to the censorship of thousands of websites, including independent media and NGOs including IFEX members the Bahrain Centre for Human Rights (BCHR) and the Arabic Network for Human Rights Information (ANHRI);
• allow all students and teachers who participated in the demonstrations to return to their studies and teaching;
• respect the right to freedom of expression and opinion for all people in Bahrain, as guaranteed by Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Bahrain Constitution.