In spite of claims that Bahrain’s revolution has failed, the reality is that peaceful protests, a campaign of civil disobedience, and anti-Al Khalifa energy is at an all-time high. ....
TJ: What are the coalition’s objectives? Is the coalition committed to the fall of the Al-Khalifa or is there the possibility of a negotiated resolution with the regime?
CFY: The first and foremost goal that revolutionaries are struggling for is the liberation of our land from Saudi occupation and the overthrow of the Al-Khalifa regime, which has lost its popular and constitutional legitimacy. Once that is achieved, the people can choose their own destiny and choose the political and economic system that meets their ambitions and aspirations. We will not under any circumstance accept a compromise with this bloody regime that continues to violate our human rights. We are determined to liberate our precious homeland from dictatorship, and build a nation of justice, dignity, and equality for all its citizens.
TJ: What are the organization’s demands?
CFY: The coalition’s objectives and demands, as they have been outlined in the Pearl Charter, are as follows:
1. Overthrowing the tribal Al-Khalifa regime, which has lost its legitimacy, and bringing its heads and officials to trial, including Hamad the dictator, for the crimes against humanity that they have committed against our people.
2. Ensuring the people's right to self-determination and ability to choose the political system that meets their ambitions and aspirations.
3. Dismantling the current state security agencies and rebuilding them along modern standards that ensure safety and security for all citizens.
4. Forming an independent and fair judiciary.
5. Reinforcing the principle of separation of powers (Legislative, Executive and Judiciary).
6. Maintaining national unity, preserving the social fabric, promoting justice and equality, and prohibiting any form of discrimination against citizens.
7. Finding a realistic and fair solution to the problem of systematic political naturalization that has been created by the regime to change the original identity and demographics of the country.
8. Preserving the Islamic and Arab identity of Bahrain.
9. Forming a national body to oversee the election of a Constituent Assembly that will write a new constitution for the country after the fall of the Al-Khalifa regime.
10. Ensuring the fair distribution of wealth while protecting national resources and gains for future generations. ....