RAWALPINDI - Mama Qadeer Baloch, who is leading the long march for the recovery of Baloch missing persons, said that approximately 1,500 persons were killed and more than 18,000 were still missing from country’s largest province and the figure included 170 females and 169 children.
“1500 mutilated bodies of the missing persons had been received which was an open violation of the human rights. I believe that the rest 18,000 have also been killed and buried in the similar kind of mass graves in the province that was found in Khuzdar,” he said.
The forceful disappearance of innocent Baloch people attained a new peak during PPP regime and earlier in Musharraf’s rule. “The then federal interior minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao stated in 2005 that as many as 6,000 Balochis were in government’s detention centres,” he added.
Mama said, “I have no trust in the government and just want the intervention of United Nations (UN) and world human rights organisation to come forward to unveil the killing and dumping policy of our intelligence agencies.”
Mama Qadeer expressed these while talking to media men after the long march participants reached the city on Thursday. It was the 160th day of the journey that started from Quetta, Capital of Balochistan on October 23 last year. The march is scheduled to culminate in Islamabad.
The other participants of the long march of “Voice for Missing Balochis” included women and children whose fathers, brothers and cousins were either killed or missing since long, were holding banners inscribed with slogans reads as “Wake up UN”, “Stop genocide of Balochis”, “We seek justice for Balochis”. Members of civil society and locals also joined the march when it reached Rawalpindi Soan Bus Terminal....