Can the brain be trained to be more receptive to the needs of others?
Emory researchers describe CBCT as a form of "mind training" or "thought transformation." For the practitioner of CBCT, the objective is to shift thoughts from "me" to "others" in the following eight steps:
(1) developing attention and stability of mind through focused attention training;
(2) cultivating insight into the nature of mental experience;
(3) cultivating self-compassion;
(4) developing equanimity;
(5) developing appreciation and gratitude;
(6) developing affection and empathy;
(7) realizing aspirational compassion; and
(8) realizing active compassion.
Via Edwin Rutsch