Here are 7 Tips From MoMA Curator:
1. Focus on Goals
2. Have Empathy
3. Be Careful, Cautious and Selective
5. Provide Attribution
6. Understand What’s Timely and Trending
7. Have an Eye for a Great Title
and 3 From Scenttrail (Martin Marty Smith on Scoopit)
8. Cast A WIDE Net, Curate Disparate Content.
9. Don't Forget OPC (Other People's Curation).
10. Use Rich Snippets to Consistently Theme Your Curation.
Cast a "wide net" pulling seemingly disparate subjects into your curation using our curatorial skills to create connection and synergy. Don't forget the most powerful content on YOUR network is THEIR User Generated Content (UGC) and curation. Rich Snippets don't recreate the content wheel but do them your curation creating a consistent blanket of meaning and value.
Added a comment about putting a title in front of a masterpiece in comments on Scoop.it:
Via Martin (Marty) Smith