Aspect 2-What hunting brings to wildlife management.
1 view | +0 today
Follow
Aspect 2-What hunting brings to wildlife management.
How hunting can be good or bad for management.
Curated by zak wright
Your new post is loading...
Your new post is loading...
Scooped by zak wright
Scoop.it!

deer.pdf

more...
zak wright's comment, March 13, 2013 11:18 PM
Many would think that hunting would lower animal populations, but in fact can do the opposite. When done correctly, hunting and habitat management can help increase a population by 30-40%. When taking out the correct animals, population has nothing but gains.
Scooped by zak wright
Scoop.it!

Deer Hunting: An Effective Management Tool - Wildlife and Heritage Service - Maryland Department of Natural Resources

more...
zak wright's comment, March 13, 2013 12:48 PM
Hunting can seem like a dangerous sport, but is actually one of the least. Sports like baseball, basketball, football, etc, are way more accident and injury prone than hunting. Almost half of the injuries involved with hunting are not with guns, but falling out of treestands.
zak wright's comment, March 13, 2013 10:42 PM
Many citizens have mixed emotions when it comes to hunting. In the state of maryland, 78% of the population surveyed approved of hunting as a management tool. Another survey showed that legal hunting ranked a 3.05 out of 5 for most acceptable.
zak wright's comment, March 13, 2013 11:29 PM
In Maryland, much of the wildlife programs are funded by hunting and trapping licenses. In fact, 73% of all wildlife programs are funded by hunters, Only about 1% of the funds are provided by Marylands general fund.
Scooped by zak wright
Scoop.it!

Local outdoors: Manitowoc County deer hunting will be discussed at meeting - Herald Times Reporter

Local outdoors: Manitowoc County deer hunting will be discussed at meeting - Herald Times Reporter | Aspect 2-What hunting brings to wildlife management. | Scoop.it
DoorCountyDailyNews.com Local outdoors: Manitowoc County deer hunting will be discussed at meeting Herald Times Reporter While the hunting season might be months away, planning for this year's deer hunting season is underway as wildlife biologists...
more...
zak wright's comment, March 13, 2013 10:53 PM
Wisconsin is Having a Deer hunting meeting for the next deer season. The hunters and residents will attend to give wildlife biologists on their opinion and what they think the population is and should be. The public hunters will also discuss their favorite ways to manage for deer or other animals.
Scooped by zak wright
Scoop.it!

Hunting License Revenue: Minnesota DNR

Hunting License Revenue: Minnesota DNR | Aspect 2-What hunting brings to wildlife management. | Scoop.it
more...
zak wright's comment, March 13, 2013 11:08 PM
When you buy your hunting license you are not only going out for yourself, but boosting the economy by money going into management. In Minnesota, they can manage about 50 species of wildlife, which can be for the public land hunters. They bring in about $500 million a year just from buying your hunting license. Hunting can also bring business to lodging and food places when hunters go places to hunt. This method brings in another $78 million. Wildlife watching is another big revenue, bringing in a staggering $700 million a year. Not only is the money put towards population control, but 62% is put towards habitat management.
Scooped by zak wright
Scoop.it!

Teacher Comments

Senior Research Project

zak wright's insight:

whats up

more...
Tami Yaklich's comment, March 21, 2013 10:06 PM
Good job paraphrasing this info!
Tami Yaklich's comment, March 21, 2013 10:06 PM
30/30
Scooped by zak wright
Scoop.it!

Record $310000 paid for right to hunt Utah mule deer on Antelope Island State ... - Salt Lake Tribune

Record $310000 paid for right to hunt Utah mule deer on Antelope Island State ... - Salt Lake Tribune | Aspect 2-What hunting brings to wildlife management. | Scoop.it
Record $310000 paid for right to hunt Utah mule deer on Antelope Island State ...
more...
zak wright's comment, March 13, 2013 10:49 PM
Hunting can also benefit the economy by bringing in money. Dennie Austad is an Idaho hunter who paid $310,000 to shoot a mule deer on Antelope Island, which is a new record for most paid for a mule deer hunt. 90% of this money is going towards wildlife and habitat managers of Antelope Island State Park. With this money,they plan to plant 10,000 bitterbrush plants, which is one of the mule deers favorite foods. The other 10% will be kept by the Mule Deer Foundation to protect the mule deer and blacktail deer.