1) Do you enjoy your career? What do you like and dislike about your career?
A) I enjoy my job very much. I think I am one of few people that can really say I love my job. What I enjoy most is being able to help people.
2) What do you find most rewarding about your career?
A) Once again I enjoy helping people. Being able to help someone with their financial trouble is very rewarding. Money is very important to people and when they have problems they can be very distraught.
3) How long have you been working in this field?
A) 16 years
4) Thinking back to when you started, how has technology changed in relation to your career?
A) Applications are now submitted online, car titles are electronic, check processing is now electronic.
5) Do you expect your field to experience more changes in the future? Any speculations?
A) Yes, I would say that almost everything will be automated. I think you will still need someone to process the data, but I think a lot will be automated.
6) Thinking back to when you started, how has the knowledge that members have about credit/finance changed? Are they more knowledgeable? or less?
A) Yes, members are more aware of their credit score and how they arrived there. Our job is to help improve their score or prevent it from getting worse by educating them further.
7) In your opinion, do you believe that your career field will still be needed 15-25 years from now?
A) People will always need to borrow money, but I believe in 15-25 years we will have even more technology and processing will be more automated.
8) For an individual to succeed in your career field what do you believe is more important, education or experience?
A) I think it is a combination of the two. You need to know how to do things and how things work, but you also need the experience of seeing how different situations can affect people.
9) If a young individual showed interest in your career field, would you be more likely to steer them toward your career or away from it?
A) I believe that this is a very rewarding career if you are willing to put in the time and enjoy helping people.
10) What, if anything, would you change about your job if you had the opportunity?
A) Being able to learn how to utilize the technology. I am very old school and have had difficulty in the past learning how to use the new technology.