According to ProvidaStaff, LLC, tablets are transforming the way speech therapists are teaching and the way students are learning.
Taylor Nedley's insight:
3. No one predicted the impact the release of the ipad would have on speech pathologists. More than 24 million are helped by speech pathologists, most of them, using ipads and tablets in their practices. Ipads can record conversational samples and increase patient motivation.
4. Ipads are easily transferable and portable. They are also reasonably priced and save therapists in the long run because they can be used for every patient. Otherwise, they would need separate supplies for each patient
5. Programs and applications available to benefit a speech pathologist include speech to text, word prediction, spelling and grammar correction, digital text/text to speech, recording devices, written organization, learning/studying/memory tools and other teaching resources. These help with executive functioning skills, self advocacy, reading comprehension, auditory comprehension and processing, written and verbal expression.
6. Speech pathology patients may have survived from strokes or traumatic brain injuries. Others may be victims to other degenerative neurological and development disorders. With new and improved technologic therapy, it can improve their lives beyond what they were before.
This resource includes links for finding apps, as well as additional information about their use.
Taylor Nedley's insight:
7. Using technology makes communicating in general easier. Emailing makes communicating quicker and more convenient. With different, tablets, phones, and ipods, you can purchase online textbooks and save a significant amount of money. An ipod or ipad may be cheaper than one version of a textbook.
8. With a variety of applications, it is also now easier to track and monitor the progress of a patient. With the easy access to this, you can view how much time it may take on average to fix a problem. With this, you can celebrate successes and evaluate a patient.
9. As technology increases in our every day lives, its easier to access these types of products. Students enjoy using technologic products and more often, have a higher rate of success. They are familiar with these products, which makes therapy less stressful for them.
10. There are a wide variety of applications in one place, which also increases productivity. All the available applications create a wider support. Timers, speech-to-text applications, schedules, and symbols can all be found on application stores and make therapy easier and more structured.
1. Tablets have reinvented speech-language pathology. An increased sense of motivation becomes evident when a patient is doing therapy with a tablet. Being motivated increased a patient’s success.
2. Useful applications include: Comprehension TherAppy, iName it, Language Forest, and more. With technology constantly improving upon itself, there is bound to be more innovations in the future. More advanced applications are predicted to appear to assist in speech pathology.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.