This .NET addin provides a Dockable Window for ArcGIS 10 with functionality similar to what was available in the Index Tab of the ArcToolbox Window in releases prior to ArcGIS 10. Below are the steps to install this addin and customize the UI to open this dockable window in ArcMap or ArcCatalog.
1. Unzip the folder to any location on your machine
2. Double-click the file ToolIndexDockableWindow.esriAddIn to launch the installation utility
3. Click Install Add-in
4. Open ArcMap or ArcCatalog
5. Go to Customize > Customize mode
6. Click the Commands tab and scroll down to the Category Tool Index Window
7. Click the command "Tool Index Window" and drag it onto a toolbar
8. Close the Customize Dialog and click the Tool index window button.
Via Elpidio I F Filho