What is content chunking?
Content chunking is a method of presenting information by splitting it into small pieces or “chunks”. A chunk of information is one that is self-contained and can be understood without further explanation. (Source: Chunking)
Why is content chunked?
In eLearning, computer screens and other electronic devices limit the view of long documents. There is a need for concise chunks of information to deliver effective learning in precise time. Chunking is done to:
* Make reading and understanding faster and easier
* Help learners easily assimilate new information
* Help learners form mind maps and improve recall
* Give bite-sized information to learners
* Make learning easy and manageable
Via Miloš Bajčetić