The reason for the rapid rate of decline in the deficit is there is a historic reduction in the rate of growth of health care costs.The proposed budget would consistently reduce deficits until it reached 1.6%. This is possible because of policies that restrain health care costs and allow for spending to improve the nation and the economy, such as infrastructure and education.The budget portions money out to different areas of discretionary spending with the goal of improving the nation’s economy over time. One of these areas is basic research and NIH grants. The budget adds 650 grants for this initiative. The grants would allow a greater extent for research towards things such as Alzheimer’s and cancer. This would allow for private sector job growth, also growing the economy.Some pros of this budget proposal are that the greater good is to ultimately grow the economy and lessen the extent of deficits in GDP over time. However I disagree with having billions of dollars go towards defense instead of something more useful to the nation now.
1. The NRA has been campaigning against the appointment. They are concerned that the nominee will bring guns rights into the position that does not normally deal with that category of policies. His views are contrary to that of the NRA.
2. Senators risk their political party losing power based on their decision for or against the nomination, especially in states such as Alaska, Arkansas, and Louisiana.
3. If the President/White House wants a confirmation, they must gear their approach towards ensuring the nomination gets confirmed.
4. The White House could promote the nominations more in the way that would make them look more favorable to the Senate. They have learned with past nominations that their process is not working in their favor. They must change their approach in order to gain confirmation.
All about the Electoral College. This original video from Disney Educational Productions tackles one of the most interesting elements of U.S. presidential el...
Logan Romrell's insight:
1. The system was put into place to allow smaller states to have as much of a voice in elections as larger states.
2. A common strategy is to focus on swing states, states that do not have a definite party identification. Candidates can rely on safe states to continue to vote with their specific parties. Swing states however may change the entire outcome of the vote.
3. If there is no majority winner in the electoral college, the president is decided by the House of Representatives.
4. The 2000 election reenergized critique of the electoral college because Gore won the popular vote while Bush won the electoral college. That meant that bush became president even though he did not get the popular vote.
5. I am satisfied with the current system because it is the best that we have to fairly decide the president.
Texas remains a Republican-leaning state because its white residents are becoming increasingly Republican and its large Hispanic population, though solidly Democratic, is less so than Hispanics nationally.
1. Roberts court decisions consistently favor "the court's liberal wing" and "business interests" as robert's court has been labeled "the most pro-business court in the modern era."
2. Precedent is how cases had been decided before. The Roberts court slowly discusses cases through a specific process and using "seeds" he planted earlier to gain favor in cases.
3. The President could pursue appealing to more ideologies of the court in order to gain more favor and the majority in decisions he wants in his favor.
4. Justics Scalia is considered the "swing vote" on the court because he tends to disagree and would rather not make plans.
5. There is discernible bias because the article explains certain flaws that the court may have, such as the future price that may need to be paid by liberals from continuing to gain favor and majority.
Video on msnbc.com: The age-old practice of politicians re-drawing Congressional districts to find friendly voters, or, gerrymandering, has allowed members of the House of Representatives from both sides of the aisle to stay in power regardless of...
Gerrymandering is redrawing districts in order to have one political party obtain the majority. A founding father Gerry redrew a district to have party majority and it looked like the shape of a salamander. House reapportionment is done every ten years, after each census. A solution is using algorithms to create districts based on geography and population. This would mean incumbents would have a smaller chance of being reelected.
More Americans today are satisfied with where the nation stands on acceptance of gays and lesbians, federal taxes, and healthcare availability than were satisfied in 2001. But Americans' satisfaction with the economy has declined.
1. Yes, events like 9/11 and the recession starting in 2008 have affected the way citizens view their government, especially how the government should have handled or even prevented these issues.
2. Yes because there have been more advancements in issues that the Democrats have been pursuing, encouraging their satisfaction.
3. Democrats would favor policies that would benefit the citizens such as healthcare and improving the economy. Republicans would favor policies that improve the environment and maintain gun laws and policies.
4. This means that there may be a small error in the percentages. However, because it is by less than a point, the data would not be drastically different.
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.