Posted: July 1st, 2013 14:43
As part of our collaborative development team you will work to develop, enhance and implement single page web applications, browser plugins, and other browser-based products. We work in an Agile environment and you must be prepared to Scrum! As a senior member of the team, you will also mentor our high-potential, junior development staff.
What we look for:
· You have experience or you’re willing to learn Responsive Web Design approach.
· You know and follow the best Web and coding practices.
· You have knowledge of server-side scripting languages, have experience consuming APIs, and have an opinion on when to do things client-side versus server-side.
· You look for novel and creative solutions to complex problems.
· You are an independent thinker who is self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
· You have a passion for web development that manifests itself as a proven history (3+ years) of successful projects and the ability to write fast, accurate, scalable code.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or Related)
- Strong command of cross-browser development techniques and browser degradation strategies (PC/MAC, IE, FF, Chrome, Safari)
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot across multiple browsers
- Proficiency with HTML5, CSS3, offline cache manifest, and local database
- REST API / JSONs
We offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, monthly company outings, a stocked kitchen, and one of the coolest offices in the city. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. Our business is growing explosively, and as a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
About Rakuten Loyalty:
Rakuten Loyalty is one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston. We are the inventors of the world’s most innovative rewards acceleration platform – servicing the largest loyalty programs around the world. We develop technology that gives loyalty program members the opportunity to earn rewards for their everyday online activity – opening up explosive new revenue opportunities for our clients – and giving their members the opportunity to earn the rewards they love anywhere, anytime. Check out our website!
Selected by Forbes as the 7th most Innovative Company in the world – Rakuten is focused on rapidly expanding its services to new markets around the globe – Rakuten Loyalty is at the forefront of this effort. Rakuten Loyalty received numerous awards last year – including Best Places to Work, the Best and Brightest Award for our Employees, and the Most Innovative Small Company of the Year – as well as having our CEO win the distinguished Innovative All Star award given by the Boston Business Journal and Mass High Tech. We have created a wonderful environment that supports free thought, open communication, the celebration of innovation, and a dedication to moving quickly. Entrepreneurship is in our blood – and we expect everyone who joins our team to exhibit an attitude that says that no mountain is too high, no problem unsolvable – because with great ambition, ideas, and technology – anything is possible.