An interview with Publisher Ileane Smith from BasicBlogTips talking about community building and increasing your following via Paper.li.
***Ileane initially created her Paper.lis to give bloggers the recognition she felt they were missing out on. Now she is finding that her papers not only promote and connect people, but also act as the heart of virtual communities.
-Paper.li brings people
- it recognizes those that we all seem to think are influential, but weren’t getting the recognition they deserved.
-It’s a great model for how a community can begin, although, of course, it might not work in every case. -To build a community there needs to be a shared passion, and people. BSMH has both, and Paper.li has been at the heart of bringing us together.
Ileane also share her top 10 blogging tips:
1. Read and comment on other blogs.
2. Learn as much as you can about your topic.
3. Start establishing relationships with other bloggers.
4. Join forums and social networks to help you establish those relationships.
5. Use Google Analytics to track and analyse your blog traffic.
6. Ask your readers what type of content they like getting from you best.
7. Always bring your unique point of view to a given topic.
8. Promote your content via a Paper.li and on other social media.
9. Don’t stress yourself out over page rank or keywords — remember you just started blogging.
10. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
And tip n° 11: never use profanities!