Not even one decade ago, educators considered cell phones and laptops a most egregious classroom distraction. These days, though, many tech-savvy teachers actively try to incorporate them into engaging lessons rather than snatching them away.
" Our children live so far away that it was a no brainer to use Google Hangouts to video chat with all of them at the same time. It was quick, easy to connect, and it was a lot of fun. While I do not suggest that teachers spend too much time putting wigs and mustaches on each other during video chats, Google Hangouts is a perfect tool to increase the level of communication and professional development in every school."
Wixie is the award winning online authoring tool students can use to construct knowledge and communicate ideas. Today’s learners need a tool that is accessible whenever and wherever they are ready to learn! Students can use Wixie’s paint tools, text options, clip art, and voice recording to develop online storybooks, curriculum projects, and so much more.
- Wixie is a great tool for self-expression Combining artwork with text and voice recording makes Wixie the perfect canvas for today’s digital learners.
- Wixie motivates a wide range of learners Wixie helps all students produce high-level work, providing a sense of pride in their abilities and fostering the determination to achieve.
- Wixie helps students learn Creating with technology encourages thinking, creativity, and communication skills.
- Wixie helps students develop collaboration skills Wixie supports team-building and organization skills through real-time collaborative projects.
- Wixie supports strong school-to-home connections Everything created in Wixie is stored in the cloud and can be shared as easily as sending a URL by email.
We got so many additions and updates to our 2011 list we thought it was time to bring you the most up-to-date list for 2012. So, without further ado, here's the 2012 A-Z list of educational Twitter hashtags.
"'m a firm believer that the best way forward for learning with iPad is a 1:1 setting, but what if you're trialling use or aren't quite there yet? This presentation will give some hints and tips on how you can make good use of the device to support learning"
Sharing your scoops to your social media accounts is a must to distribute your curated content. Not only will it drive traffic and leads through your content, but it will help show your expertise with your followers.
How to integrate my topics' content to my website?
Integrating your curated content to your website or blog will allow you to increase your website visitors’ engagement, boost SEO and acquire new visitors. By redirecting your social media traffic to your website, Scoop.it will also help you generate more qualified traffic and leads from your curation work.
Distributing your curated content through a newsletter is a great way to nurture and engage your email subscribers will developing your traffic and visibility.
Creating engaging newsletters with your curated content is really easy.