"Free Online Oxford Collocation Dictionary for Advanced English Learners.
A completely new type of dictionary with word collocation that will help students and advanced learners effectively study, write and speak natural-sounding English. This online dictionary is also very helpful for the education of the IELTS, TOEFL test.
Level: Upper-Intermediate to Advanced
Key features of oxford dictionary online
• Collocations/collocation - common word combinations such as 'bright idea' or 'talk freely' - are the essential building blocks of natural-sounding English. The dictionary contains over 150,000 collocations for nearly 9,000 headwords.
• The dictionary shows all the words that are commonly used in combination with each headword: nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and prepositions as well as common phrases.
• The collocation dictionary is based on 100 million word British National Corpus. Internet searches were made to ensure most up-to-date usage for fast changing areas of language like computing.
• Over 50,000 examples show how the collocation/collocations are used in context, with grammar and register information where helpful.
• The clear page layout groups collocations according to ..."