"The belt conveyor is an endless belt moving over two end pulleys at fixed positions and used for transporting material horizontally or at an incline up or down. The main components of a belt conveyor are:
1. The belt that forms the moving and supporting surface on which the conveyed material rides. It is the tractive element. The belt should be selected considering the material to be transported.
2. The idlers, which form the supports for the carrying and return stands of the belt.
3. The pulleys that support and move the belt and controls its tension.
4. The drive that imparts power to one or more pulleys to move the belt and its loads.
5. The structure that supports and maintains the alignments of the idlers and pulleys and support the driving machinery.
Other components include:
1. Loading chute or feeder chute that organises the ..."