"Informal and social learning is core to successful learning. These 8 classic reasons still apply today."
8 reasons to focus on informal learning.
- There are imperatives for informal learning
- Learning is a process, not a series of of events
- Most learning occurs outside of the classroom
- The vast majority of learning is social
- A lot of formal learning is ineffective
- People learn better when they are in charge
- There’s inherent inertia in formal approaches
- Informal and social learning are cost-effective