- Social media can be a powerful pedagogical tool in the classroom, but the key to its success lies in building a dynamic and sustainable 'online teacher presence'.
The 10 strategies listed offer insight into effective online tutoring techniques that complement traditional face-to-face delivery.
Here's an excerpt:
- Building a safe online environment, in which everyone feels comfortable and confident to contribute
- Allowing for social connection should come before content-oriented goals. Work on building trust before launching into lessons that warrant more complex cognitive online demands.
- Teacher and student commitment to encourage the growth of their 'pop-up cyber society'.
- Actively refer to the online forum environment whilst delivering lessons
- Embed positive psychology into the online educational forum.
Via Nik Peachey, Lukas Palecek, Juan Alberto L Uribe, Susan, Ricard Garcia, michel verstrepen