"If you have Klout, you may be automatically upgraded to a better room at a Las Vegas hotel. Your Klout score may get you preferential treatment the next time you call into a customer service center. People with Klout have been eligible for a free Spotify invitation, a free Virgin America flight and free Starbucks coffee. Some job candidates are even putting their Klout scores on their resumes.
Here are five things every small business person should know about Klout, the hot social media influence service.
1. Klout is a social metrics service that's getting a lot of attention
2. Klout isn't about having lots of Twitter followers or facebook friends
3. Klout isn't the only social scoring system
4. Using Klout, SMBs can target influencers with news and promotions
5. To increase your Klout score, be authentically helpful."
Via Andrew Spong, Téa Smith