There’s so much information online just begging to be curated: news, social media, images, video, websites… the list goes on. Just a few years ago, the tools I used to use for reading and consuming content were Google Reader, StumbleUpon, Digg, Delicious… More recently I’ve discovered some great new tools to read and share my favorite content which I’ve included here in this list.
Content Gathering and Personalized Newsfeeds:
1. Faveous - The place for everything you like.
2. Trapit - Captures personalized content. Powered by advanced AI.
3. Scoop.it - Leverage curation to easily build gorgeous magazines.
4. retickr - A Mac app that streams Facebook, Twitter, RSS to your desktop.
5. iFlow - Discover, curate, share. A real-time information exchange.
6. curated.by - Collection of topics and interests curated by everyone.
7. Paper.li - Become a publisher and start an online newspaper.
8. Feedly - Minimalistic, personal, social news reader for creative minds.
9. Bundlr - Create topic pages to share.
10. Flockler – Create your own magazine. Share your passion.
11. Prismatic - Discover and share relevant news.
12. Collected – Collect your interests.
13. Kurat – Follow the news that really important to you.
14. Pearltrees - Collect and share everything you like on the web.
15. Shareist - Create your own custom curation website.
16. Qrait - Realtime content curation platform.
17. Kweeper - The easiest way to gather, organize and share things.
Social Media Curation
1. Storify - Building the story layer above social networks.
2. The Tweeted Times - A personalized newspaper from your Twitter feed.
3. Keepstream - Organize your tweets with curation.
4. TweetMag - Uses your Twitter feed to create a simple magazine.
5. News.me - Your must read news from Twitter and Facebook.
6. Mass Relevance - Engage audiences anywhere with social curation.
7. MyTweetMag - Curate content with Twitter.
8. Lynkly - News curation from your Twitter and Facebook feeds.
9. ChirpStory - Create stories from tweets.
10. Dashter - A WordPress plugin that curates fresh content to your site.
11. Memolane - Your social life captured in a simple, elegant timeline.
1. Alltop - All the top stories. Created by Guy Kawasaki.
2. Wavii – Auto-magical news feeds for any topic.
3. In-A-Gist - Top-ranked stories from trusted stories ranked by popularity.
4. Addictomatic - Create a custom page with the latest buzz on any topic.
5. DailyPerfect - Predictively personalized news.