Chess for Android consists of a chess engine and a GUI.
- An optional "move coach" highlights valid user moves during input and last played engine move.
- Full game navigation buttons enable users to correct mistakes or analyze games.
- Games import and export as FEN/PGN to and from the clipboard, load and save as file, are set up through a position editor, or import as application/x-chess-pgn MIME type on startup.
- The engine plays at various levels (including random, against itself in auto-play, or free-play, where the game can be used as a "magnetic chessboard").
- The application supports the Universal Chess Interface (UCI) and Chess Engine Communication Protocol (WinBoard and XBoard), which allows users to play against more powerful third party engines or even play tournaments between engines...